Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Embracing "Confirm Artist Name" HIT's

Well I've never been a fan of the 2 cent "Confirm Artist Name" HIT's, but today I learned to appreciate them. Most can be done faster then Image Adjustments and some of the album covers are pretty entertaining.

Here's my setup, first off I am using Firefox 1.5RC3, with the extension Greasemonkey 0.6.3. Then I am using the Greasemonkey script TurkOp. Next I am using "3 in 1 Magic Joy Box" to hook up one of my Gamecube controllers to my PC, and then I have JoyToKey running, so that I can control my browser using the gamepad. So I set the keys up how a I want them and BAM! For about 75% of "Confirm Artist Name" HIT's I can simply press a few buttons, and it goes super fast. But then part of them the correct answer isn't there and I have to type it out. Which is a slowdown...But must be done. Tomorrow I might time myself a bit and see if I'm actually making over minimum wage on these now. I think if I can just get in rytham with having to type them out part of the time I might be able to make more per an hour then I was with making Image Adjustments.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're brilliant! I don't have all that, I just do it manually...but that's a clever set up you have going.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to credit where you get your ideas from buddy.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Eric Cranston said...

I'm sorry, can you please email me ( cracell AT gmail DOT com )or post what I forgot to reference.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the problems with just selecting listed names is that I've come across several where at first glance, the name seemed to be correct, but spending a few more seconds showed that they were actually misspelled.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone else noticed that the artists name suggestions in the Confirm Artist HITS have disappeared?

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was a good idea, was getting 20 dollars an hour. but they have dissapeared just like the image adjustments... no!!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home