Friday, November 11, 2005

What takes the BlockView Photos?

One of the most intriguing things about BlockView is that the people have no idea they are being photographed. Which makes one wonder what the vehicle taking the photos looks like? In reflections it's been shown to be an SUV, here's a good picture of it
I've also seen what appears to be a grey SUV, and a black one but they may have simply been white ones in the shadows. From the pictures it appears that most were taken about a year ago. I looked up A9 BlockView and it launched in the beginning of 2005 (see it here). And the BlockView adjustments we are doing appear as though they are for Amazon's Yellow Pages. Personally I'd like to know if these SUV's have been driving around all year and have tons more cities that haven't been posted on BlockView yet, but I can't find any actually information on this. The way things look right now, by the end of November we will have eaten through all of the BlockView Image Adjustments, hopefully some other companies will catch on and start using the MTurk API by then and work will still be plentiful. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger cobaltgrc said...

I've got a pretty interesting picture up on my blog. Check it out: http://cobaltgrc.blogspot.com/

It was taken in Miami, FL but I forgot to write down the address which is a shame because I wouldn't mind visiting the location if I ever went on a road trip.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Eric Cranston said...

That's tight dude....gravity must've been off that day...

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home