Friday, December 02, 2005

Are you fluent in French?

A new Qualification test has shown up entitled "BTTS English/French Fluency" and here's the description "This is the L1 qualification for the Bitporters Text Translation services. Applicants should be fluent in both languages. The use of online text translation services like babelfish.com will not be tolerated."

I'm not sure what this guy is thinking, according to his blog, he is starting this up to go with Mechanical Turk. Now seriously out of all of you Turkers out there, who is fluent in French and English? Maybe some Europeans, but very few people with US Bank Accounts are fluent, and it's doubtful they would work on something like Mechanical Turk, but maybe I'm just closed minded.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link.

I've gotten lots of feedback from people fluent in french. Also, This is something I would like to expand to more languages if it catches on.

I understand this will not be as popular as the A9 image hits, but its the lowest impact for me as a small business.

Thanks for the interest.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I´m a Turker from Germany and would definitly do some of these Hits when they are online for English/German.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much fluent in french and english but looks like the banhammer fell on me as well as practically everyone else. what gives?

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, you're closed minded. I'm french & turker. And not the only one ;-)

Have fun.
M

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a few languages and I'm not from the US and I'd love to do those HITs.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home