Friday, January 13, 2006

HIT Builder is Buggy

Last night I spent 30+ minutes messing around with HIT Builder. What I ran into were tons of errors, data not being saved when it said it was, pages not formatting correctly (buttons that should be visible were off page) etc. So I decided to switch to IE. Less problems but still this and that. Once I finally got an HIT together I tried to post and there was an error. Though this could've been an error on Amazon's side. But I have yet to see anyone post HIT's from HIT Builder, so my bet is everyone is having the same issues as me.

In short, HIT Builder is going to be awesome, but has a few things to work out right now. Like firefox compatibility. Thus I'm going to assume that it's an early beta. That truthfully they should've been doing internally and waited longer before making it public, but oh well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HIT-Builder Responds: Thank you very much for taking the time to try out the HIT-Builder!

You were right to ding us on our FireFox support, we have not done a lot of testing with this browser, data not being saved is indicative of JavaScript errors in FireFox, we will work on this in the near future.

We are very interested as to why you were having problems posting a HIT. Please take the time to email us at beta@hit-builder.com regarding the specific errors you experienced and we will address them promptly.

The HIT-Builder system has produced hundreds of HITs for the Turk although this might not be obvious because the requester’s name on the produced HITs would come from the requester’s Amazon account, not HIT-Builder.com.

Thanks again for helping us improve the HIT-Builder site.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why would anyone use hit-builder.com? you could create hits on the amazon.com's mechanical turk website. I guess I just don't get it.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Gluten Free Recipes said...

Grateful for sharing this post

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home