Thursday, November 02, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday mTurk!!! WOOT!!!!

So today, mTurk has turned the big 1. That's right 1 year ago, on November 2nd mTurk launched. The net went crazy..."Wait...I can sit here in my underwear and get paid? No way." But it was true, there was so much excitement about mTurk that the servers were down half the time for the first week after launch. Granted mTurk has now gotten off to a slow start, the Turkers all hang out at Turker Nation and there's not that many of them, but it's been a fun year. Hopefully this next one will bring us many many more HITs, filled with joy and gooey stuff.

Now I had wanted to throw together like a scavenger hunt or something fun for today, but that's a lot of work, and I'm lazy. But I did make this HIT, where you can go get a whooping 5 cents (count em, 5!) for drawing a nice b-day thing for the Turk!

I am posting all the decent ones here.

And here's my favorite so far
From mTurk B-Day

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazon Mechanical Turk is yet another way of aggregating service providers and buyers in one place 'online' where you can make money depending on your area of expertise. Business week mentions "people can offer payment for businesses and services that …
More, here:Amazon Mechanical Turk-video

8:28 AM  
Blogger ram said...

hi, i am working in mturk but i dont how to get qualified to ASk a question. Can you please help me.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home