Monday, November 27, 2006

Blank CAPTCHAs! Freeze your Turking!

Ok, so I was innocently just plowing through a bunch of Survey Verification HITs, and then BAM! I get a blank CAPTCHA. I was using Firefox....and was stunned, I had read about this issue before on Turker Nation. But I figured it had since been resolved.

I'm unsure still of what causes this issue, but I hope they address it soon because it sucks when you are on a roll and then stuck.

The fix is simple, go into IE, and accept an HIT, and the CAPTCHA will be visible, you simply type it in. Below I've attached the images to prove that one is blank and I'm not blind (also so that the mTurk developers that read this blog can look at them if this is an unknown issue)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!
But don't you have a problem with the HIT itself? CAPTCHA hit is (probably) evil...
They probably need it to open automatically lots of email-accounts (for spam) or just post spam comments on blogs...
Just like HITs which ask you to digg somthing are evil, CAPTCHA-HITs are evil too...

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i get a blank captcha in IE7 and FF2. What the heck! im trying to help find jim gray!!!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here - FF2 and IE6 gives me blank captchas. The help form only emails me back and tells me to fill out the help form, so I'm stuck in an infinite loop there. Guess it's back to work :(

12:40 PM  
Anonymous captchabypass said...

I never got any blank captcha. I use google chrome.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home